Thursday 10 November 2016

Reflections on the weekly briefing with Dr Rowan Bailey, Wednesday, 9 November 2016.

In revisiting some of the notes that I made for the research methods and project proposal module TMA 1401, I have been thinking about how my plan development is progressing.

Within the briefing, we reminded ourselves that we would need to have at least four or five journal articles properly referenced out through summary as part of the literature review these journal articles will go together with short reviews and summaries of up to 10 to 12 case studies as research.

As a separate section on the proposal, it's then possible to create a set of the main influences which outline what each of the cases addresses, but also what they don't engage with.

Conclusions and work to follow up this week!...

  • I took away the message loud and clear that we need to fully and accurately "sign-post" what we are going to do in our proposal for this module.
  • It's essential that I need to summarise and analyse the existing literature that is out there to put my work into context. 
  • By continually reading both journals and books on artistic research methods this will help to define my progress. 
  • Ultimately the proposal is all about Content! Content! Content.


No comments:

Post a Comment