This will allow for a kind of breathing space before the very concentrated efforts required before the next semester's modules.
The next phase of development within these lectures will be "Creative Innovation and Entrepreneurialism".
These new modules will provide an opportunity for collaboration across the whole group, with cross-disciplinary practice including textiles and other studies.
One of the actions required over the holiday period is to develop a website built around the WIX.com service. That will hold a group dynamic, and will help to build our individual portfolios while working together with live project brief.
It is intended that one develops this project brief commercially through outside agencies to the University. It is, therefore, necessary to choose one of the three outlines topics of submissions as detailed by Dr Bailey.
- The first option is to engage with either of two outside companies in developing brand and image and marketing products and outputs.
- The second option is to work with the local Huddersfield gallery and a body or organisation known as 'Rotor'. This group has an objective to bring contemporary art closer to the public through the Huddersfield Gallery and is very much based on a community engagement.
- The third option is to engage with the Royal School of Art, 2017 competition, which is very useful for any type of artist to enter for future recognition.
The deadline for signing up to one of these three options was Friday, 16 December 2016. This was the same day that all other time limits for each of the modules must be completed.
With regards to the forthcoming work in the New Year, the generation of an E-portfolio will be completed and submitted by 7 May 2017.
It was suggested to look at the website www.hudcama.wix.com/Hudcama
That site holds the previous examples of students on the Master's course and their work.
Conclusions & Overall Reflections:
- During the Christmas break, I should reflect on my personal development plan and try to work out what areas of improvement I need to speculate and executes upon. As the module in the new semester is a self-directed practice module, I need to work out carefully what it is that I will be doing.
- The key to the next modules is good project management!
- I need to make sure that my time is managed better as a much more balanced split between theory and practice during this next term.